1. Create a weekly meal plan and grocery list and make only one trip to the grocery store each week. Eat at home at least five nights and stick to the dining out budget. Sitting down at the table each night is really something I’ve let slide for too long and often dinner around the table is the only time we all have a chance to catch up. Dinner, regardless of what my picky eater is having, will occur at the table!
2. Plan work outfits for the week on Sunday night and hang together with all accessories. One of my biggest time wasters is trying to pull together an outfit each day so taking a little time to plan ahead will definitely make smoother mornings. It will also, hopefully, help me to do a better job shopping my closet as well as purging items no longer bringing me joy.
3. Log some sort of fitness at least four days each week. With the kids activities back in full swing, the first thing I drop is my own personal fitness goals and I need the endorphins. My goal is to stop making excuses and be accountable.
4. Complete two books; one fiction and one non-fiction.
5. Paint Carly’s room (yes this has been on my list since April) and complete the conversion to her “tween” room in time to celebrate her birthday!
6. Manage schedules and create a reasonable chart to budget and manage time responsibly. So many things going through my mind all the time; prayer request, to do list, books I want to read, blog posts I need to write, things I need to purchase. I need to create a way to budget all I need to do with all I want to do without feeling like nothing is being accomplished. I have been researching Bullet Journaling for several months and hope to begin that method in September.
7. Decorate the house for fall!
8. Complete the blog-tember challenge!
I know, eight seems like a weird place to stop but I definitely want to be realistic! My biggest issue is always thinking I have more time than I actually do.
Cheers to September!