I’ve been brainstorming for months on ideas for my first blog post and well…I have lots of ideas but just need to start already! No better time than the 1st day of a new month!
So here I am…my own personal blog to share. August is always such a transitional month in between wrapping up summer activities and starting a new school year. It is also a transitional month for me at work as we wind down our fiscal year and start fresh September 1st. Setting some goals for the month will hopefully help me stay on target while soaking up the last bit of summer fun.
- Purge the littles closets and set aside items they have outgrown for our school nurse. Did you know this is a great place for hand me down skirts, shorts and pants? Our nurse is always grateful!
- New shoes…this is always one of my kids favorite things to choose. I’ve definitely found new sneakers is not the place to skimp on quality. I picked up a few pair from the Nordstroms Anniversary Sale and I’m hoping they will love them as the price was right!
- School supply shopping….oh goodness this always is a circus. My goal is to complete our list the first week of August. When my Bigs were in school I always stressed so much about making sure they had every single item on their list. Now I get everything I can at the first store I choose…typically Walmart or Target…and I grab a gift card for the teacher from the same store for $10-15. The teacher then has the ability to evaluate and determine what she really needs for the rest of the year.
- One last getaway…I’ve planned a couple of nights at Lost Pines . This place is always perfect for a mini vacation and if I am able to find a great rate it’s a short hour 1/2 from our house. We are able to getaway without packing a ton or traveling a long distance. My Littles love to go and we can just hang out and have some family time.
- Plan a weekend with the husband to take over Labor Day weekend. Our kids have school on Labor Day so we decided to take advantage and enjoy some time alone. If you have any suggestions for weekend travel in Texas I would love for you to share!
- Read….I have read 3 books this summer and surprised myself at how much I actually enjoyed them all. I miss reading but don’t always take the time. I have set out to read The Antelope in My Living Room and Let’s All Be Brave.
- Meal planning….I would like to have a real plan for the first week of school. We cook at home most nights but I typically do not plan a week at a time..at least not on paper. I really think it would make my life easier and I would have less frustration and less trips to the grocery store!
So there we have it…my August Goals and my very first blog entry!
Here’s to soaking up the last ounce of summer fun!