Today Katy and I are “Spieling the Beans” on our Summer Bucket List and we hope you will join the fun by linking the plans you have for making this summer one for the memory book!
Last year I ditched our traditional list making and tried a new approach. My kids biggest complaint is that we make a list and then don’t do any of it. I created some “buckets” and cute pages to hang on our door and every time we did something fun we filled it out. Well, my not so bummer summer idea showed us by the end of the summer that we really did do so much!
I decided this year it was time for a true bucket list again but we are keeping it pretty simple. I asked the littles and Keith for some ideas and it looks like having a simple summer with a little fun mixed in is what they are looking for!
- Visit 3 Waterparks (per Carly’s request) – Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels for sure but we would really like to try something new and I’ll be on the lookout.
- Plan a doggy birthday party to celebrate Dutch turning 2
- Go to a drive in movie
- Fishing (this was the ONLY thing on Dillon’s list…simple enough)
- Trip to Springfield, MO – we will knock another state off our list once again for a baseball tourney but we are super hopeful to do some sightseeing too
- Visit a state park – after seeing the fun Katy had on her Mother’s Day outing I added this to our list! I think we could really have fun exploring. Tanya also posted about their recent trip to Pedernales falls and using air B&B for the first time and it sure looks like fun.
- Have a water balloon fight – we bought water balloons last year and never got around to using them but we have a plan!
- Go to the beach – we try to at least make it to Matagorda beach once each summer!
- Summer camp! – Truly this is the highlight of my kids summer. If they do nothing else they will be fine as long as they go to T Bar M for summer camp!
- Fun Food – Someone posted 45 places to eat in College Station before you die recently and there were so many places I had not heard of. I’m thinking weekly date nights with the only requirement be we try something new! Late night trips for shakes and hot afternoons grabbing shaved ice will also work.
- Volunteer together – So many opportunities to give back during the summer and when I ran across Courtney Defeo’s post, What Every Kid Needs this Summer, I knew I had to order for Carly!
One thing we use to do so much more often was host casual cookouts on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. At some point I got caught up in worrying that my house was not “entertaining enough” to host my friends but I really miss the time we shared. So “Simple Suppers” is on my bucket list and I am really thinking I want to just plan one Saturday or Sunday a month to invite anyone who is up for some fellowship to join us to catch up, love on each other and let our kids run wild.
Keith and I will celebrate our 15th anniversary on August 3rd so a long weekend away is definitely on my bucket list. I want this to be somewhere we can both enjoy and somewhere we have not been before! Any suggestions for a fun place to go in August….I’d love to hear! Here were some I was thinking about.
- Cape Cod
A girls weekend is also on my bucket list! All I need is a lazy river, maybe some Mexican food, a few drinks and some girl talk. Maybe the JW Marriott in San Antonio? Definitely somewhere that doesn’t take too long to get there as I do not want to waste any extra time on the road.
Lastly, I do have a couple of home projects that are maybe more like goals than bucket list items but since we have lived here 12 years it feels like we are reaching the bottom of the bucket! Converting both Dillon and Carly’s rooms to be more functional for their current ages with new paint and updated decor is definitely on my list to finally get around to! You can see all the ideas I’ve run through here.
Now it’s your turn! We want this link-up to be FUN but we get it… sometimes it’s hard to keep track of it all! So feel free to post old posts – new posts… it’s up to you! Please link to your specific post URL and not to your blog home page.
Please place a link back to this link-up in either your post or on your party page so that others can link up too.
Use the hashtag #spielthebeans on other social media
It’s a party, try to visit at least 2 other posts and show them some love! This is the fun part! Be inspired, inspire someone else – don’t just link and run!
We would love for you to follow us in one way (or more!) but it is not required.
As always find all the friends I’m linking with all week long here.