So the big day is over and after spending the past few months shopping and preparing for the big day the last thing I want to do is shop right? If you are like me you will find you are a mission a few things over the next few days and will wander out to Target or the grocery store and while I’m there I’ll drift over to the holiday section to see if there are any fun things I could pick up for next Christmas. It is always so fun when I pull all my Christmas things out and realize I already have some gifts all ready to go for teachers, friends and neighbors.
- Chocolate! All that Christmas candy will be marked down and can be easily stored in your freezer for up to 18 months. I use red and green m&m’s and hershey kisses for baking so picking those up 50% off is a huge bonus.
- Baking tins, bowls and baskets…..I love picking up items cheap that I can use for making hot chocolate baskets or especially for Christmas cookie deliveries.
- Gift wrapping is something I always grab a roll or two of for myself but last year I actually received a roll with tape attached and that was such a treat. It was the GOOD paper too…you know the really thick kind the scissors slide right across. Here is the idea and a link to the original post which includes a printable. Hallmark stores have great paper.
- Christmas themed paper goods: plates, cups, napkins, straws. I have both gifted and received this over the years and it is always fun to have some paper goods to use during the holidays to save on washing dishes.
- Candles are a great find on sale if you have a nice cool place to store throughout the year.
- Plenty of fleece blankets with holiday themes to choose from and blankets make a great gift.
These are just a few of the things that come to mind and I’m sure there are so many more! If I venture out it will be super quick and then right back to enjoying my time off with the family. Hope you are all snuggled up and enjoying some good quality family time.