1. FAMILY. These people right here! They bring me that kind of joy that is sometimes immediate and then sometimes I really have to dig deep to realize what I’m are experiencing is actually joy and not something else. Ha!
2. Mexican food. All food really, but Mexican I could probably eat 6 out of 7 days a week. I can pretty much make dinner out of chips and salsa and no taco is too big a challenge for me. Don’t forget the guacamole!
3. Friends! In July I wrote all about my tribe and they seriously bring me so much joy. The heartfelt kind, the silly kind and the I feel ya kind. They are all so beautiful inside and out too!
4. My faith! The day I discovered grace did not have to be earned and my salvation was free my perspective of the world just kind of changed. There is rarely a time when I can’t find joy in some situation and I attribute that to the ONE and only. One of my very favorite verses is James 1:2-3 – Consider it pure joy brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind because you know the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
5. Serving. I never really knew how loving on and serving others would provide so much joy; for them but also for me. There is nothing I love more than being able to witness joy unfold in another. Next time you are at a restaurant or encounter a less than joyful cashier; over tip or grab a candy bar and wish them a better day. Find opportunities you can be passionate about which really make your heart sing. You totally will NOT be sorry.
What are the things that bring you the most joy?